The Sunbelt Diversity Recruitment Policy on Offer Deadlines
When establishing offer response deadlines for offers resulting from interviews conducted at the Sunbelt Diversity Recruitment Program, the Sunbelt Executive Board encourages employers to set reasonable deadlines, giving students time to participate in On-Campus Interviews at their individual law schools. Additionally, we encourage employers to follow the NALP employer principles on offers, as listed below.
Employers are encouraged to act in ways that support the ability of candidates to make independent and considered decisions by:
· Establishing reasonable response deadlines and giving candidates a reasonable period of time to consider offers of employment when each offer is made;
· Providing consideration for reasonable requests for extensions;
· Abiding by the established response deadlines for candidate responses;
· Avoiding conduct that subjects candidates to undue pressure to accept or decline offers of employment; and,
· Refraining from any activity that may adversely affect the ability of candidates to make independent and considered decisions.